There is a lot of documented evidence that livestock grazing on healthy pastures and crops benefits greatly through a nutrient-dense diet. Your stock have high nutritional needs, particularly concerning gut health and gastrointestinal functionality. On-farm benefits can include a reduced need for supplemental feeds and an increase in livestock production.
Animal benefits can include:
- Digestion and absorption
- Stronger immunity
- Nutrients ingested more easily
- Production performance
- Health maintenance
- Regulation of energy metabolism
- Infection prevention
- Better pregnancy and lactation outcomes
- Reduced stress during harsh environmental conditions
For more in-depth information search the internet for:
- How can soil health influence animal health in agriculture?
- The importance of nutrient-rich pastures and crops on animal health