A natural inoculant to control pests. A better way to control grass grub, porina, clover root weevil and other pests in pasture and crops is by significantly enhancing a plants natural resistance to insect pests.
Our focus is on creating healthy pasture and crop environments that naturally resist pest pressure. We do this through our solid fertilisation programme using a product which includes:
- A bio-seaweed and fish-based inoculant
- A natural biocide extracted from a combination of Kina and other sea-based organisms
- Beneficial micro-organisms to help create a healthy soil environment that repels pests
- Nutrients and complex amino acids to develop stronger healthier roots and plant structures that can naturally defend themselves from insect attacks
As the soil and plant health increases over time, sustainable on-going control is maintained without the need for annual chemical use, because the pests stop showing up.
On the flip – side annual chemical control of pests helps control the pests in the short term but can degrade the longer term health of the soil and plant environment; meaning pests are again attracted the following year resulting in a “band aid” approach and a continuous annual cycle of chemical use to control the problem.
Overall we provide a solution as to why the pests are there is the first place, as opposed to simply trying to eradicate them on a regular basis which can be expensive and time consuming, and often after considerable damage has already been done.
Depends on severity of the problem (use as a guide only)
- 2 x applications in the first year to eradicate and restore soil and plant health (Spring & Autumn)
- 1 x application subsequent year (if needed) while on-going control is established (Spring)
- 1 x application periodically (as required) to maintain a healthy soil and plant environment
(Note: BioPest is specifically designed for Pest Control- however where strong grass or crop growth is also required, we can add nutrients (macro & micro) and biological stimulants to this product)
Images show a grass grub paddock issue – before and after 1 treatment of BioPest ( 2 months)